TATTOO AFTER CARE Instruction sheet
In order to experience the best heal for your tattoo, we’ve compiled some useful tips for you! Please carefully read and follow this After Care Instruction Sheet to get the best result possible.
Day 1 - When you get home:
- Wash your hands with an anti-bacterial liquid soap (Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo!).
- Remove the cover within 1-2 hours of getting your tattoo. (Do not re-cover, your tattoo needs to breath, just like any other open wound).
- Using only your fingers, in a soft rubbing motion, gently clean any excess ink, plasma, skin and ointment from your tattoo. (do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo or transfer bacteria, as this is a common cause of infection).
- Gently pat your tattoo dry with a clean paper towel, or let it air dry (do not rub the tattoo or use a fabric towel).
- Apply a small amount of Easy Tattoo After care cream to your tattoo and rub in a thin layer like a moisturiser, until it’s absorbed. (please check the ingredients for allergies).
- Your tattoo should now be prepared to heal, but there’s s few more steps to consider.
First 3-4 days
- On the third or fourth day your tattoo will begin to peel. The texture should be like a sun burn. This is normal!
- Continue to wash and apply cream to your tattoo, following the same steps as before. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- If you work in a dirty environment, you can clean, cream and wrap your tattoo in cling film to protect it during working hours. (make sure that you thoroughly clean the tattoo when you get home and avoid using public restrooms to wash your tattoo).
- Use Vaseline, Bepanthem or any ointments other than the Easy Tattoo sachet(s) provided.
- Pick, scratch, peel, rub or irritate your tattoo whilst it’s healing.
- Submerge or soak your tattoo in water for at least 2 weeks (DO NOT go swimming or use baths/ hot tubs).
- Wear clothing made from wool, fleece or other fibrous and linty fabrics.
- Leave the cling film on for long periods of time without washing and creaming in between changing the dressing.
- Use gym equipment without cleaning first (avoid completely if possible).
- Expose your tattoo to direct sunlight or use sun beds. You will not be able to wear sun cream for the first 2-3 weeks on the tattoo and direct sunlight will damage your skin and the pigment will fade.
Wear jewellery that sits anywhere near the healing tattoo for 3 weeks.
- Avoid pet hair.
- Avoid touching your tattoo as much as possible.
- Take short showers.
- Wear loose clothing made from cotton, or other soft fabric.
- Leave the tattoo uncovered whenever you can (especially foot tattoos).
- Cover the tattoo with cling film, before using an ice pack to reduce any swelling.
- Elevate your tattoo to reduce swelling.
- Use sun cream every day over your healed tattoo (We recommend spf 50+ to maintain the longevity of pigment in the tattoo).
For further advice please contact us at email@example.com